These are our Covid measures in place: Only SQUAD will train till further notice.
The building has been empty, so we have arranged the following checks:
- Completed Building Check and Risk Assessments.
- Gas Boiler Service and Certificate renewal. (in progress)
- Electricity PAT testing checked.
- Water testing and Legionella survey completion.
- Apparatus and Equipment Safety Certificate done
- COVID Opening Risk Assessments published.
- Deep Cleaning done.
- Fire Extinguishers servicing.
- Installing hot water in the toilets.
- Communicate new measures to all squad families.
To minimise the risk of cross-contamination on arrival at gym:
- Gymnasts to line up outside gym on the 2metre markings, and proceed into the gym when called by a coach. Parents and all other people to stay in car, and not to enter the building. 2M distancing.
- Squad to be in a bubble training on a Monday evening and a Thursday evening.
- Back rooms eg Kitchen, Squad changing room are to be closed
- Gymnasts should arrive in their training kit as all changing facilities will be closed.
- Gymnasts to bring a small bag containing their Water Bottle, Hand Sanitiser, Tissues, Small towel, ankle weights, & hand blocks (if they have them)
- Training sessions to be reduced to 2 per week with 72 hours between, so there is time for decontamination of carpets in between.
- Parents are not to come inside the building and Parent waiting areas are closed.
- Parents and coaches are reminded that anyone at home who is deemed vulnerable (new and expectant mother, elderly) should not attend any sessions until further notice
To minimise the risk of cross-contamination during a training session:
- Each gymnast will start in their own 3m x 2m Area
- 2m distancing and Bubble of 32 squad gymnasts
- Each gymnast will keep their bag and possessions in their Area.
- Social distancing will remain in effect at all times, unless performing Acro or Dance.
- Each coach will have their own allocated standing area also.
- Gymnasts will not be physically supported for any moves by coaches.
- Use of the toilets: - if used then the coach will fully clean and disinfect, & sign this off.
To minimise the risk of droplets being live on equipment:
- All doors will be kept open where possible so no one needs to use handles.
- Use a no-touch policy for all surfaces.
- All windows will be open, plus front door, to allow free circulation of air.
- All vinyl equipment/mats will be cleaned at the end of each session, Coach B will sign off that the cleaning has been performed properly.
- There will be 3-4 days between sessions.
- No other groups are allowed in the gym itself between the 2 squad sessions. (Karate, Fitness Cheer & Rec classes have been informed of this)
To minimise the risk of cross contamination upon leaving the gym:
- Class will finish 15 minutes early to allow time for cleaning and safe dispersal.
- Gymnasts pack all their items into their own bag.
- Coach A goes to front door, Coach B instructs gymnasts to line up 2 metres apart.
- Coach B then begins cleaning of gym.
- Parents remain standing by their car, so that Coach A can see them.
- Gymnasts wash/sanitise their hands whilst waiting in the queue.
- Coach A releases the gymnasts one at a time to their parents at the car.
- Maintain 2metre distancing at all times.
To minimise the risk of germs via general coughing and sneezing:
- Good hygiene practice in place.
- Tissues available, placing used ones into own bag.
- Hand wash stations will available for use.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of their elbow.
- First Aid – Record ALL first aid (even just looking at and talking about an injury) Coach to wear gloves, mask, apron and visor if physically treating a gymnast with first aid.
What to do in case of identifying a potential infection:
- If a gymnast, they will be asked to isolate in the Rec changing room and their parent will be phoned.
- If a coach, they will go home straight away.
- Session will be cancelled, and the risk assessment reviewed.
- See first aid procedures as above.
- No participation by a gymnast if any family member in their household is self-isolating.
What to do if gymnasts have returned from another country:
Category 1 Countries: Travellers should self-isolate, even if asymptomatic, and use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next. Go home or to your destination and then self-isolate.
Category 2 Countries:Travellers do not need to undertake any special measures, but if they develop symptoms, they should self-isolate and call NHS 111.
Further measures which have been put in place to ensure safety:
- Parents will be asked to temperature-check and smell/taste-test their gymnast before bringing them to training. If there is a raised temperature or impaired sense of smell/taste then do not bring them.
- Parents to be advised that a drop off and collect system will be implemented, viewing areas will be closed. Parents must wait in vehicles. Children must be collected on time straight after a training session.
- Staff members to sign a cleaning sheet to show that the equipment has been cleaned and wiped down after every session. All cleaning will be logged on the cleaning sheet.
- Display posters for routes of entry, exit, no entry, quarantine and good hygiene, i.e. handwashing
- Coaches are to be trained in these new procedures, and informed of what to do in case of a gymnast or coach becoming ill while at the gym. This will include the following key points as follows:
- -Isolate the person at least 2 meters away from others - go to the rec changing room, and phone parents.
- -The affected gymnast or coach is to avoid touching anything, cough or sneeze into a tissue and put it in their bag, or if they do not have tissues, cough and sneeze into the crook of their elbow.
- Reporting rules on cases will be followed and Site closure may be advised by Public Health England
- Coaches and family members who think they may be infected must carry out the self-assessment on the NHS website before arriving at the gym and to follow guidance: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
- The COVID COMPLIANCE certificate obtained from Government website is displayed at gym.
This is Heading
This is a paragraph. To edit this paragraph, highlight the text and replace it with your own fresh content. Moving this text widget is no problem. Simply drag and drop the widget to your area of choice. Use this space to convert site visitors into customers with a promotion.
© Copyright Sportac Acrobatic Gymnastics Club